Registrars are natural/legal persons who undertake the registration of [.gr] or [.ελ] domain names on behalf of interested parties. Registrars are licensed by EETT and must meet the specific requirements laid down in Annex II of the Regulation on management and assignment of [.gr] or [.ελ] domain names.
To become a registrar, you are required to:
- Gain access to EETT’s registry via eRegistry.
- Submit an application/notice via eRegistry, attaching to it the required documents. If an application is not complete or properly filled out, it will be rejected.
- Activate your connection with the Registry of domain names of the Foundation for Research and Technology – Hellas (FORTH) within 3 months from the date of receiving your license. Otherwise, EETT will delete your registrar’s license.
As a registrar, you are required to:
- Follow the templates included in the Annexes of the Regulation on management and assignment of domain names.
- Maintain a website listing your full contact details, as well as operate a consumer service line. The consumer service line must operate on working days from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Pay fees, as provided for.
- Own name servers (at least two) and ensure their proper operation in order to provide services to registrants. In addition, you must ensure the Internet connection of said name servers with the Registry of domain names.
- Be equipped with and ensure the proper operation of the hardware and software used for the maintenance of the record containing the data of the registrants you serve.
- Employ the necessary personnel, in proportion to the number of registrants you serve, so as to ensure the smooth processing of the assignment declarations within the deadlines provided for in the Regulation.
Fees for registrars
- Annual fee: You are required to pay an annual fee of 100 euro to EETT on January 20 of each year, irrespective of the number of domain names you manage.
- Chargeable act fee: You are required to pay ΕΕΤΤ 12.50 euro per chargeable act you carry out in the Registry of domain names.
Cessation/Deletion of registrars
EETT may cease/delete registrars under the following circumstances:
- Upon submission of a cessation request by the registrar himself/herself.
- In case of non-compliance with the provisions of the Regulation.