The International Telecommunication Union-ITU is the United Nations specialized agency for information and communication technologies – ICTs. It has three main sectors of activity, the Radiocommunication Sector (ITU-R), the Telecommunication Standardization Sector ITU-T and the Telecommunication Development Sector ITU-D. In order to facilitate international connectivity in communications networks, the ITU allocates global radio spectrum and satellite orbits and develops the technical standards that ensure networks and technologies seamlessly interconnect.
EETT participates in the workings of the following groups:
ITU-R in the following study groups (SG):
- SG1 (Spectrum Monitoring, Spectrum engineering techniques),
- SG4 (Satellite Services),
- SG5 (Systems and networks for fixed, mobile, radiodetermination, amateur and amateur-satellite services),
- SG6 (Terrestrial Broadcasting Delivery, Broadcast Service Assembly and Access).
- Quality of Service Development Group (QSDG)
- Expert Group on Telecom Indicators-EGTI
- Expert Group for the redesign of the composite index (ICT Development Index-IDI).