The regulatory framework for the free movement, placing on the market, classification and putting into service in the European Community of radio equipment is established by:
- COMMISSION IMPLEMENTING REGULATION (EU) 2017/1354 of 20 July 2017 specifying how to present the information provided for in Article 10(10) of Directive 2014/53/EU of the European Parliament and of the Council.
- Presidential Decree 98/2017* (Official Gazette 139/A/20-09-2017) "Harmonisation of the Greek legislation to the DIRECTIVE 2014/53/EC of the European Parliament and the Council of 16 April 2014 (EE L 153/22.05.2014), regarding to the making radio equipment available on the market and the repealing of DIRECTIVE 99/5/EC. The article 2, of the abovementioned P.D., case A, subparagraphs 12, 14, 15, includes definitions on the notion of manufacturer, importer and distributor of radio equipment. In case of infringement of the P.D. 98/2017 provisions, the administrative sanctions of article 44 of the abovementioned P.D., can be imposed.
- Law 4070/2012*, “Regulation of Electronic Communications, Transport, Public Works and other provisions”, (Official Gazette 82/A/10-04-2012). The article 2, of the abovementioned law, case A, subparagraphs δ΄, η΄ and ιγ΄, includes definitions on the notion of distributor, importer and manufacturer of radio and telecommunications terminal equipment. Furthermore, according to article 12, element λε’, of the law 4070/2012, EETT is the competent authority for issues concerning conditions of use and placing on the market of terminal equipment and radio equipment.
- Law 4313/2014*, “Regulation of Electronic Communications, Transport, Public Works and other provisions”, (Official Gazette 261/A/17-12-2014). According to the article 60, paragraph 2 of the abovementioned law, titled “Amendment of provisions of law 4070/2012”: At the article 12, element λε’, of the law 4070/2012, the following text is added: “In order to carry out, audit of conformity to the current legislation, of the telecommunications terminal and radio equipment, members of the EETT’s personnel or authorized for this purpose third parties, can enter distribution and storage facilities of radio and telecommunications terminal equipment and receive free of charge samples of the equipment, as these are made available on the market.”
Presidential Decree 98/2017, makes reference to the following ministerial decisions:
- Ministerial Decision 51157/ΔΤΒΝ 1129/2016* of Minister of Economy, Development & Tourism and Minister for the Environment Physical Planning and Public Works, “Adaptation of Greek legislation to the DIRECTIVE 2014/35/EC of the European Parliament and Council of the February 26th, 2014, for the harmonization of member states legislation relating to the making available on the market of electrical equipment designed for use within certain voltage limits” (Β΄ 1425) as is the case in force, regarding the safety requirements, but without imposing a voltage limit.
- Ministerial Decision 37764/873/Φ342/2-6-2016* of Minister of Economy, Development & Tourism and Minister of Infrastructure, Transport and Networks, “Electromagnetic compatibility. Adaptation of Greek legislation to the DIRECTIVE 2014/30/EC of the European Parliament and Council of the February 26th, 2014” (Β΄ 1602), as is the case in force.
*available only in Greek language