The Universal Service Provider (USP) has the obligation to provide universal services, such as the collection, transport, sorting and distribution of postal items for domestic and international destinations. According to law 4053/2012 “On Postal Services, Electronic Communications and Other Provisions”, ELTA is the Universal Service Provider until December 31st, 2028.
Letters weighing up to 2 kg (ordinary mail)
Mainly letters, cards, bills and small parcels (i.e. postal items whose dimensions exceed the envelope limits). The category is characterized as “ordinary mail”, because the delivery of the items is not monitored by any special system.
The following delivery times apply:
- Domestically, with delivery time for the 1st priority letters (provided the mail has been deposited by the sender by 12 noon and no excluded area is involved), as a rule:
- either within 3 working days after the day of deposit, at a rate of 90%.
- or within 5 working days after the day of deposit, at a rate of 98%.
- Abroad, with delivery time to the addressee for the 1st priority letter, as a rule:
- 3 working days within the European Union (EU) (intra-EU).
- 3-5 working days for other countries.
- In the case of 2nd priority letters, the time varies according to the delivery times of the country of destination.