EETT for Consumers
The Hellenic Telecommunications and Post Commission (EETT) is responsible for:
- Ensuring the compliance of Postal Service Operators with competition rules and their licensing obligations.
- Monitoring the quality of service of the Universal Service.
- Ensuring the compliance of the postal services operators with the terms of contract with the consumers, as described on the postal items voucher.
- Informing consumers for the developments in the postal services sector as well as for their rights.
- Examining the complaints of users regarding the provision of postal services and proposing measures or sanctions in this direction, where applicable.
EETT is not responsible for issues regarding:
- Payments and attribution of money to the sender for postal items with payment on delivery.
- Services that are not regarded as postal but are provided by postal operators (e.g. financial services).
- Additional charges in custom clearance of postal items of foreign origin (countries outside the EU).